Background and Mission
The Peekskill Education Foundation (PEF) is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3), community based organization dedicated to enriching and expanding the educational experiences and opportunities of students within the Peekskill City School District. It was started in November 2002 by a group of concerned citizens working in close cooperation with the Peekskill City School District. The PEF’s goals are to raise funds to support and develop new program initiatives designed to:
• Improve academic achievement in reading, science and math;
• Expand cultural enrichment experiences and opportunities in music and the arts;
• Create new opportunities for higher education for the district’s students;
• Assist with equipment purchases and physical improvements to the district’s schools;
• Identify and foster partnerships between residents, business and the Peekskill City Schools in order to develop a higher level of community involvement and financial support.